Class builder isn't visible in add item window

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I've just loaded the class builder utility, and it doesn't show up in the add item window in an exisiting project (or a new project).  I'm using C# express 2008 with visual studio 9.  I can see the files in the c# directory, but that's as far as i get.  can you throw any light on this please?

George

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Hi George,

Unfortunately, I have never gotten the add-in to work with express versions of Visual Studio. I believe this is a limitation of the Express versions of the product line. You can read more info in my response to kramsallad on this post:

http://classbuilderwizard.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=12851

Thanks.

-Jason

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I can’t install on Windows 7 on this machine Dell Latitude Processor Intel Corel 2Duo CPU 2.40Ghz with 4 GB Memory (3.45 GB Used)

It say at the end of process Error 1001 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

So I click OK and a new message appear and said :

Error 1001. An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to initial state after the rollback is complete à The savedState dictionary does not contain the expected values and might have been corrupted.

After that Windows said the installation was not properly installed try with the compatible setting and it restat the installation but at the same place it say's again 

Error 1001 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

So I click OK and a new message appear and said :

Error 1001. An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to initial state after the rollback is complete à The savedState dictionary does not contain the expected values and might have been corrupted.

So I can't install on my machine :(

I hope you will find a way !

Thanks

Best regard, André

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM

André,

I understand you are having trouble installing the add-in on your Windows 7 machine. Have you tried running the setup.exe as administrator? Perhaps User Access Control (UAC) is getting in your way? Also, more important than your machine specs is what version/edition of Visual Studio you're trying to install to. Could you provide that information?

Thank you.

-Jason

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I'm in Administrators group on this machine

and is Visualt Studio 2005 with SP3

Framework 1 to 3 are installed, so I gonna try to install under Administrator on local machine instead of using my Active Directory user name and I'll let you know

Thanks, André

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Thanks Jason for your quick response but I tried under local administrator and it gives me a same message error when installation. and it did a same rollback

So it's not working on my machine .. Snif Snif .. Best regard, André

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM

What I meant about running as administrator is this:

• Right-click on the setup.exe file and choose, "Run As Administrator"
  • Answer in the affirmative to the UAC prompt(s).

The add-in should work with non-express versions of Visual Studio 2005 on Windows 7, so your machine is not out of the ordinary.