This project is read-only.

Follow on from Plug in discussion

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I have a VB.NET app and have been using your plug in for a couple of days - I will first say that the plug in is a great idea.

I have been reading through the discussion board following a problem I have encountered and I too have come across the same issue with the plug in crashing when I select a table.

The problem seems happen depending on the SQL table that you choose.  I have found that some tables work, whereas some I select, the plug in just crashes with no further message.

The frustrating issue is I have is that the one I want does not work.

Any ideas.

Kindest Regards

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your input.

I am aware that some people have experienced a similar problem, but I have been unable to diagnose the problem (it has never happened in any of my databases). If you would be so kind, can you script the problem table and post the results? I need to duplicate the exact structure of your table to figure out where the plugin is crashing.

Thank you.

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Many Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have figured finally figured out why the program is crashing for me - I cannot say whether this is the reason why other people have experience similar but it definitely answers my issue.

The problem comes down to SQL types - I was using a non standard SQL type - why I have no idea but I do know that by replacing the type to a standard sql type the program definately works.

I guess if anybody else is using SQL with their own types they would probably get the same result I did.

So if you get that question again - ask them if they are using non SQL types!!


Dec 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM
Hi Jason,

That would certainly explain some things. Custom types are very tricky when it comes to writing a "Generic" code generator. I am currently working on SQL 2008 support and adding some of the types they use. Because of the way some of them are implemented, (as custom types), the complexities are a bit annoying.

Anyway, I'll try to start testing with a custom type so that I can avoid this crash bug in future versions.

Thanks for your input.