Plug-in Discussion

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM
Use this thread to discuss plug-ins and plug-in creation.
Feb 11, 2008 at 3:25 PM
To day I download for the vs 2005 version.
I followed the instructions for the installation
1) Open Visual Studio 2005
2) Navigate through the menus like so: File -> New -> Project
3) Select “Class Library” from the “New Project” window and name your project
4) Once the project is created, navigate through the menus like so: Project -> Add New Item (CtrlShiftA)
5) You should see “Class Builder Wizard” as one of the options in the “Add New Item” dialog box. Highlight “Class Builder Wizard,” name your class, and click the “Add” button
6) The wizard will start.
Ok...But
No plugins in the plugin list
What to do...?
Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2008 at 5:48 PM

nbapriv wrote:
To day I download for the vs 2005 version.
I followed the instructions for the installation
1) Open Visual Studio 2005
2) Navigate through the menus like so: File -> New -> Project
3) Select “Class Library” from the “New Project” window and name your project
4) Once the project is created, navigate through the menus like so: Project -> Add New Item (CtrlShiftA)
5) You should see “Class Builder Wizard” as one of the options in the “Add New Item” dialog box. Highlight “Class Builder Wizard,” name your class, and click the “Add” button
6) The wizard will start.
Ok...But
No plugins in the plugin list
What to do...?
Thanks

Hello,

As I understand it, you are not seeing any plug-ins listed in the Class Builder Wizard interface. I will do my best to remedy this situation, for you.

The first things I would like you to check are:
1) What is the full path you installed to? I ask, because currently, "C:\Program Files\Jason Williams\Class Builder Wizard" (the default) is hard-coded in the plug-in code. I'm working on a fix for this, but it is not release, yet.
2) Are there any .dll files in the "plugins" subfolder?
3) What version of Class Builder Wizard did you download and install? Did you attempt to upgrade from an ealier version?

Thank you for the information. I hope we can get this fixed for you soon.

-Jason
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2008 at 10:53 PM
Hi nbapriv,

Please download the latest version of the Class Builder Wizard. Several fixes for bugs that might be affecting you are included in the latest release. Please try to use the wizard after you install the newest version and let me know the results.

Thanks.
-Jason
Feb 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM
I see,
Win Vista is on My C and Xp is On E
Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2008 at 4:33 PM

nbapriv wrote:
I see,
Win Vista is on My C and Xp is On E
Thanks

Very well,

Please uninstall any previous versions and install the latest release (2.1.1) and let me know if your problem is solved.

Thank you.
-Jason
Feb 13, 2008 at 6:00 PM
Hello,

With the new version i can see plug-ins list in the Class Builder Wizard interface.
But I scrash when a table is select.
Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2008 at 1:38 PM

nbapriv wrote:
Hello,

With the new version i can see plug-ins list in the Class Builder Wizard interface.
But I scrash when a table is select.
Thanks

1) What version of SQL server are you using?
2) Is it possible for you to script the table so that I can try to re-create this problem? That would be helpful. Also, if you have any sample data you could send along, that would help, too.

Thank you.
-Jason
Feb 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Hi!
When I'm using VS2008 and are creating a web project, the plugin "Class Wizard" does not appear.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM

story wrote:
Hi!
When I'm using VS2008 and are creating a web project, the plugin "Class Wizard" does not appear.

Hi story,
I am aware of this issue. I was hoping to have this fixed in this major release (version 2.x), but it didn't happen. I'm still working on a fix for it.
In the short term, the solution I have been using is to create a class library that contains my entity objects and reference that project from the web project.
I understand this is not always desirable, but it should allow you to utilize the wizard.
Thanks for your patience.
-Jason
P.S. I have converted your comment to a work item in the issue tracker so you can keep an eye on its status.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 19, 2008 at 9:55 AM
Hi!
Sql 2005 express ed sp2
thanks
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2008 at 8:23 PM

nbapriv wrote:
Hi!
Sql 2005 express ed sp2
thanks

Hi nbapriv,

I have an XP machine (with XP Service Pack 2), VS 2005, and SQL 2005 Express (and SP2). I have installed the Class Builder Wizard, use a connection string similar to:
Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename="C:\Database1.mdf";Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True
and I have been unable to duplicate your problem. The Class Builder Wizard does not crash and does, in fact, create code as it should.

Can you think of anything else that may be different between your environment and mine? Can you script the tables and send them to me like I asked, before?

Thanks.
-Jason
Feb 26, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Hi Jason

The Class Builder Wizard does not crash again
the code is create
Thanks.
Nbapriv